iPL has a long history of working with companies, institutions, startups and more across a range of R&D activities. Having moved to UTS, with its leading reputation as industry's preferred university partner, these activities are increasing. With a long history of IP generation to applications and a global network of partners we cover many fields and areas with tailored selectivity. Confidential inquiries are treated with the utmost discretion and we can provide direct advice that best suits the type of interaction that may be of interest.
A review of some of our activities can be found in these web pages but note that more particular activities involving industry partners are not necessarily advertised depending on the requirement of our industry and institutional partners. More information.
Consultancy and contracts
- Expert evaluation of technical projects, grant & centre applications, regional impact, government legislation
- Intellectual property evaluation, extension and generation
- Commercial assessments, links
- Ethical challenges and other legal concerns, professional mentoring.
- Startup advice - the significant number of so-called expert advisers, particularly within the incubator landscape in Australia, has come to our attention. This is creating challenges for first timers to assess the quality of advice being given and motivations of some advisers, particularly around IP. If you have concerns we can provide confidential assessments on the value of what is being proposed or suggested.
- Expert assessment and opinion on technology, regional and international impact, government policy and legislation, including confidential assessment for investigative work behind spurious claims (which have been on the rise)
- Topical articles for newspapers and other media outlets
Optical fibre gratings
- Standard short and long period gratings.
- Intermediate temperature operation.
- Ultra high temperature operation.
- Specialty gratings
Active fibre gratings and lasers
- DFB fibre lasers.
- DBR fibre lasers.
- Other laser configurations.
- Specialty gratings for fibre laser and sensor operation.
Laser processing of materials
Specialty optical fiber
Together with the National Fibre Facility at UNSW, speciality fibre, both step-index and structured, production is available.
Speciality optical fibre expertise
iPL pioneered complex wave guide devices and has the expertise to assess your needs.